The functions of the Committee shall be to-
- investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
- study the programme and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- study and review all County legislation referred to it;
- study, assess and analyze the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 187 (Committee on Appointments) ; and
- make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.