The County Budget and Appropriations Committee constituted by the Assembly immediately following the general election serves for a period of three calendar years and that constituted there after serves for the remainder of the Assembly term.
The functions of the Committee are-
- Investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to coordination, control and monitoring of the County Budget,
- Discuss and review the estimates and make recommendations to the County Assembly;
- Examine the County Budget Policy statement presented to the County Assembly;
- Examine Bills related to the National Budget, including Appropriations Bills;
- Evaluate tax estimates, economic and Budgetary policies and programs with direct Budget outlays.